<VV> Cut- Down Fan

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Fri May 6 20:10:34 EDT 2005

Well Hey,
All this wind about fans and talk of experienced Corvair persons overlooking
the obvious brings to mind something I did last week.
I currently have the whole works out of my 69 to change the flywheel along
with a "hundred" other "while it's out" things. I replaced the upper fan
bearing and housing and after torquing it all down I grabbed the  chromed
"turkey roaster" and began bolting it on and admiring how nice and shiney it
looked.
After tightening the last bolt I kind of stepped back to get a better look
at my handy work when something didn't look right. Then the obvious hit me.
I forgot to bolt the fan on first! Now, I am no novice to Corvair wrenching
but how OBVIUOS was that? As I was chuckling at my omission I thought, I
wonder how many other well experienced Corvair mechanics have done the same
thing? Well? I'm sure I'm not alone here!

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet at charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley