<VV> cut-down fan (humor)

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sat May 7 00:28:41 EDT 2005

Well, I guess we have all made mistakes.  In my 35 years of Corvair
wrenching I have forgotten a few parts too.  The "fun" thing about Corvair  engines is
how they layer together.  Any part forgotten along the way  pretty much
guarantees a layer by layer peeling to recover.  Here's my  list;
Fan (yeah, me too)
Input shaft
split ring for input shaft
cylinder baffles
push rods (I knew they were off but didn't realize that the rare of the
engine would have to be dropped to install them.

My personal favorite: (more of a mis-diagnosis).  65 GB engine ran but
wouldn't move, slight grinding noise. Had to be spyder gears. This lead to a  total
power train exchange including 4-sp to PG.  Still no-go!   Everything had
been changed; what could it be?  Bad axle yoke.  Oh  man!
Craig Knuckle