<VV> SNIMTA_SPAM Re

Dave Morris BigD at DaveMorris.com
Mon May 9 15:41:17 EDT 2005

No kidding.

VV is by far the most verbose group I subscribe to.  A large percentage of
the messages are off-topic and violate most common rules of netiquette.  If
that's what you guys want, it's not my place to criticize - I just want to
point out there are better ways.  It involves biting one's tongue a lot,
deleting a lot of responses before sending them, and steely resolution not
to jump into political, religious, or off-topic discussions.  I subscribe
to lists that specialize in virus protection, so I don't need people
telling me about new viruses they find.  I know how to check for fraud in
an e-mail, so I don't need to know about every Nigerian swindle that
someone discovers.  If this list is to serve as an archival resource for
the expert information that it generates, it will be very difficult for
anyone 2 or 3 years from now to wade through all the off-topic messages to
find the "meat" of the resource.

JMHO YMMV BNI

Dave Morris