<VV> Gauges and related stuff

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 15:14:41 EDT 2005

Hello fellow Corvangalists..questions..questions....always
questions.....

I've decided I simply must add a volt and oil pressure gauge to my '64
Monza.  Volts is obvious and easy of course.  For oil pressure I'm
thinking the idea of drilling/tapping for a fitting for the line to the
gauge from the top of the oil filter mount is the easiest way to go.
Read this in one of the many 'Vair books that are starting to clutter
the house. Anyone done this? Also, what is "normal" oil pressure in a
110? So many gauges available with varying ranges...I don't want to get
a gauge that reads 0-100 if normal is like...15....ya know?
Best/easiest route to run the line?

On a related matter....this Monza has a Spyder dash, but it's not a
Spyder, so there's a perfectly good cylinder head temp gauge sitting
there doing nothing. Easy/feasible to actually get a sender and make it
do something? Already have the boost gauge tapped into vacuum...so now
it works like a mileage meter....remember those willy things? At least
the needle moves around and looks cool!

Also...and this is wierd....the gas gauge illuminates VERY dimly...the
bulb is good and appears to be the same type as the bulb in the other
little round gauges above it, but they are bright, it is dim...can't
read it at night.  I'm thinking there *may* be bulbs that look the same
but have different light output? Or is the gas gauge just one of those
that for whatever design reason dosen't light up well?

BTW, 24.7 MPG mixed town/hiway driving on the first tank full since I
got her home and bothered to keep track. Not bad.  110 w 4/speed

Tim

===
That's not a hula dancer, it's a G-force indicator
===