<VV> Gauges and related stuff

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon May 9 15:47:16 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/9/2005 12:20:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
minoxphotographer at yahoo.com writes:

> For oil pressure I'm
> thinking the idea of drilling/tapping for a fitting for the line to the
> gauge from the top of the oil filter mount is the easiest way to go.
> Read this in one of the many 'Vair books that are starting to clutter
> the house. Anyone done this? Also, what is "normal" oil pressure in a
> 110? So many gauges available with varying ranges...I don't want to get
> a gauge that reads 0-100 if normal is like...15....ya know?
> Best/easiest route to run the line?

That's a normal spot...vendors sell the bolt already tapped.......Pressure
relief is factory at 35 psi[?]

> On a related matter....this Monza has a Spyder dash, but it's not a
> Spyder, so there's a perfectly good cylinder head temp gauge sitting
> there doing nothing. Easy/feasible to actually get a sender and make it
> do something? Already have the boost gauge tapped into vacuum...so now
> it works like a mileage meter....remember those willy things? At least
> the needle moves around and looks cool!

Used Thermistors sell for approx. $75...and are old....and your non
140/150/180  head is tapped too large...Westach  Gauge is only $57!   Type "K"
thermocouple

> Also...and this is wierd....the gas gauge illuminates VERY dimly...the
> bulb is good and appears to be the same type as the bulb in the other
> little round gauges above it, but they are bright, it is dim...can't
> read it at night.  I'm thinking there *may* be bulbs that look the same
> but have different light output? Or is the gas gauge just one of those
> that for whatever design reason dosen't light up well?

Surely must be a poor connection...check the grounds!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V