<VV> Convertible top frame

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 9 20:04:51 EDT 2005

I swapped a power to a manual and visea versa.  As I recall, I just took
everything at once.  Also, if I recall, there are only like 3 bolts down at
the back/bottom end of the top frame on each side holding everything to the
body.  That is where I took them off.

May have to do some adjusting in the top frame itself to be sure doors will
close with top in down position and windows up (just in case of rain -GGG).
There are adjusters at one or two points along each frame rail, at least one
at the "center" bend point, of course the latches have adjustment, and it
seems like there may have been one more adjuster on each side (not sure
now).

Norm - is it you who has a bunch of installation picks up - primarily
devoted to the little part that makes a power top bend back when first
starting to go down?  Somebody has that on the web.  Some of those picks
might be helpful if you can post the link.

Later, JR