<VV> VairAid - Please Read

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 9 20:08:12 EDT 2005

A couple of days ago I e-mailed Lon (LonzoVair) asking about his leg.  I received the reply below, and didn't much like it.
So, after some discussion with the guys at Vairorg, we've decided to go to the list for some help.

For those of you who haven't been following Lon's troubles, he broke his leg about a year ago and has been trying to get it fixed ever since.  The stories of what the doctors have done to him make my skin crawl.  He's been able to work very little if any during that time.

It just seems unacceptable that he might lose Cheryl's car and have to sell the Greenbrier through no fault of his own.  I've claimed for years that one of the reasons this list is special is that all the off topic stuff we allow binds us together into a community of friends.  Well, one of the community is hurting, here's our chance to prove it.

So, here's the plan.  I'm collecting contributions, and will write Lon a check for whatever I get, plus the $100 I'm kicking in.  No contribution is too small (or too large).  If you don't trust a Texas boy to handle your money, send me a check made out to Lon and I'll send it along.  Sorry, I can't take PayPal.

My address is:
   Roger Gault
   11507 Shade Tree Cove
   Austin, TX 78759

Please either e-mail me or post to the list telling me what you're going to send, so I can be expecting it and keep a tally.  I'll keep the list informed (nagged) of our progress.

Come on guys and gals, feel like a hero, dig deep.  You might need this next time.
Don't let the Brier go to somebody that thinks it only has 4 cylinders.

Current pledge total:  $250

Mandatory Corvair Content:
 He was working on a Corvair when he broke the leg.  ;-)

Hey Roger,
I got the stitches out on tuesday from the second surgery, so I'm in a fresh cast, and the Doc said to come back in 3 or 4 weeks. He will then put me in a walking cast if it all looks good, and maybe have me off work until the middle or late June. I just wish I had some income coming in. Times are tight right now. Cheryl is behind on her car payment by 2 months, and it looks like I might have to sell my 63 Greenbrier... oh well, the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away... it was fun while I had it.
Other than that (financial worries) I think we're all doing fine.
How are things on your end of the computer?
Take care,
Lon