<VV> VairAid - Response

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 9 22:33:16 EDT 2005

OK - Here is my contribution to someone I consider a good friend even though
we've met in person only a few of times.  Lon is a VERY likeable person with
a great family.  We visited at the horse farm for a bit at the Lexington
convention.

A couple of folks on VV have expressed an interest in the K&N air filters
(set up for 140) which I took off of the CA purchased car a couple of days
ago.  Seth (has only seen pictures) says they are probably worth $75 to
$100.  I don't know if that is the right range or not.

Anyone who is interested send me private email.  Highest bidder gets them -
AFTER sending a check to Lon for the bid amount.  When I have confirmation
from Lon that he has received the amount, I will ship them (within 48 US
States) and I will pay the cost to ship to whoever wins them.

If you want a picture, let me know.  I can send an "installed" pic right
now.  In the next day or two, I'll take a couple more shots of them OFF the
car.  Let's say that the "bidding" will be open until midnight (Central Time
Zone) on Monday night - 5/16/05.

>From the records that I received with the car, these appear to have been
used for a little less than 7,000 miles.  4,000 in the former owners care in
California and 2,800 across 1/2 of the country when I drove the car back to
Illinois.  They are in nice condition.

When you place your bid - remember where the money will go and be generous.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 X 2
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140