<VV> ragtop an IT????

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Tue May 10 15:43:56 EDT 2005

Tony,
   Tony, Tony, Tony....How can a vehical such as a Corvair Convertible (of
ANY vintage) be a bland, flavorless, impersonal, "IT"? For 40 years they have
survived bumps, bruises, abuse and neglect. Only to be reborn or pampered or put
on a strict management regimen where they remain legitimate modes of
transportation albeit with character, charm, and personality.
    Of the Vairs I've had, none have behaved the same, each have had their
seperate flaws and problems. My '60 was a rustbucket, hence the name "Rusty" It
was atleast 7 different shades of blue and yet was the trusty daily driver for
my Dad, my middle Brother and myself from 1979-1985.
    If you had seen the Cheech and Chong movie "Up in Smoke" where their
vehicle goes down the highway with funny smoke billowing from the interior of the
car, then you could understand the name of my next Vair, "Smokey". After my
dad bought ($150) and repaired
her (passenger side caved in, other dings and dents) we took her out for a
celebratory shakedown cruise....Only to have the cabin fill up with engine smoke
to the point to where my Dad pulled over and we all (my Dad, my brother, Mom
and me) bailed out.
  I could go on with stories of about 4 or 5 other distinct Vairs, including
"Oilslik", "Brown Cow", "Thumper" and the VAIR-ious adventures of each...but
hey, maybe in a book ot be done in the future...hmmmmmmm
   But anyway....each is so unique because of diffent ownership histories
that they all have their own personalities, and it would be so sad if they were
as vanilla as most of cars put out since the demise of our make.

In a message dated 5/10/2005 12:09:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,