<VV> Rubber side down

Tom Wright tomsmail at sympatico.ca
Wed May 11 18:42:05 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone.

I will need the rubber part on the steering coupler that keeps the grease in. Missed an NOS one on ebay, but it went for a lot (compared to Clark's prices), but then Clark's doesn't have any right now. I am not in a big hurry, but I will be putting the front end together soon. I don't need NOS, and would prefer an updated item if available. Is there a replacement, or something suitable? I would think it to be similar to the other GM's isn't it?

Matt, you will have to visit my website http://www.vaxxine.com/tomspage/corvair.htm to get my 'Deal from Hell' story. It's still the car I wanted, a Canadian built 66 Corsa. Spent it's life on the west coast, so fairly rust free. Has (had) lots of problems both mechanically and cosmetically. Just hacked from front to back, Rube worked on everything. Left pieces off here and there, other stuff just worn out completely. Biggest disappointment was the PO sold himself as 'A Corvair Guy' and "just wanted the car to go to someone who would appreciate the Corvair and take good care of it". BS. He couldn't be a 'Corvair Guy" to save his life. He doesn't have enough moral decency or the integrity to fit into the great group of  people such as I have met here. He would stand out like a pothole on an otherwise pristine stretch of highway. A Petrie Dish of syphilis on a table of Roses. A giant, festering boil on a Supermodel's perfect complexion. A steaming pile of dog feces on a beautiful manicured lawn. A......      ....perhaps I digress.

Any way, really appreciate the help and humor of this group. Hope I can repay someone someday.

Tom Wright
St.Catharines
www.vaxxine.com/tomspage
Corsa Ontario