<VV> Alternator

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Wed May 11 23:22:36 EDT 2005

I dont see any replies, so Ill chime in - 1970 Nova with a 6 cyl should end
up with the 37 amp, but for the same money, get the 1970 Nova V-8 with A/C
and youll get the 63 amp innards.  I didnt change the regulator (47 amp) but
it probably should be swapped, Im told they take a "set" to the alternator
theyve been attached to.

Ive had a cheapo from autobone for two years. Its noisier than the 47 amp
unit (not mechanically, but it whirs) but lots of juice!

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX
67 500 4dr 110/pg/ac now with large dent in rear fender courtesy of some
bonehead who decided that there was surely enough space to exit in front of
nbr 1 step-son. (no injuries)