<VV> vacuum sorce YH carb.

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Thu May 12 09:20:39 EDT 2005

	Ah, I bought mine through Clarks.  Just got the valve...  My son
and I are planning a junkyard safari in the next month to find a vacuum
solonoid and a switch suitable for activation. (Thanks, Craig!).  I also
have Electronic Knock amd have been toying with the possibility of a
circuit that would send a "knock" pulse to the controller when RPMs drop
below 1200 or a switch activated knock pulse generator...  Just comes
down to how many 555 timers to stick in...  I just need to FIND TIME!!!

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirby Smith [mailto:kirbyasmith at gwi.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:55 AM
To: Duane, Jim
Cc: Ron; UltraMonzaWest at aol.com; VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> vacuum sorce YH carb.

I bought mine so long ago that I don't know exactly what was part of the
kit versus what was additional to the kit, but my Dale setup includes
two additional parts: an idle switch that mounts on the crossover intake
plumbing actuated by the throttle mechanism, and a vacuum solenoid
(mounted to one of the muffler bracket screws on the upper side of the
sheet metal near the coil) that is in series with the
vacuum-advance/pressure-retard pressure line from the r.h. intake
manifold.   This latter part is powered by 12 Vdc, e.g. from the
ignition coil supply, and interrupts the vacuum when idling (IIRC).   If

memory serves, the directions were adequate.

kirby

Duane, Jim wrote:
> 	Hi Ron.
> 	It's a pretty simple device.  The normal vacuum advance has a
> tab that prevents the diaphram from moving when pressure is applied.
> Dale takes the tab away.  When you take it out of the box and look at
> the arm, it floats.  You do get instructions on initial timing.
(22-24