<VV> Corvair Sign from Reedman Chevrolet For Sale

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu May 12 15:04:49 EDT 2005

At 04:52 hours 05/11/2005, Kent Sullivan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Sunday I (Dave Newell) got a call from a Domenic Idoni (spelling as yet
>unconfirmed, sorry). Domenic is from the Baltimore area, involved with
>Corvettes and seeks out Chevrolet signs for sign collectors. He recently
>acquired the Corvair sign that was originally put up by Reedman Chevrolet in
>Langhorne, PA. He's working on getting me some pictures, but meanwhile I
>found this postcard pic in my files:
>

>http://www.corvairkid.com/articles/images/Reedman_Chevy_Corvair_Sign_2.jpg
>(entire postcard showing building, lot, etc.)

If nothing else, this image would have been great to photograph in
Gigaview.

Now:    Not to be a cheapskate (even if I am), but it seems to me that this
sign could likely be reproduced for far less than the asking price for the
damaged original...  *if* the sign as a novelty item was the object.  If
the sign as a vintage piece of memorabilia is the subject, it remains
somewhat academic.    25K is a lot of money...

tony..