<VV> VairAid

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 12 12:31:55 EDT 2005

Roger and VV Group,

I've had no bids on the K&N air filters.  Perhaps this is the wrong
audience?

This is a BENEFIT auction!

Let me repeat, please.  I'm offering up for bid - This is NOT eBay, so make
one BEST offer - a pair of K&N filters in vintage canisters.  They are set
up and ready to go onto a 140hp engine.  Proceeds of the sale are to go to
Lon Anderson.  Indeed, the check should be made out to him.  I will pay the
shipping charges to get the filters to the winner.

Send bids to me (private) at: HMLinc at sbcglobal.net

Filters can be seen at:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hmlinc@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=/ac3a&.dnm=a24d.jpg&.src=ph

You should find 4 pictures there - one "installed" view and 3 "uninstalled"
views.  The filters were on the car for approximately 7,000 miles.  I
removed them after buying the car and deciding that I wanted the stock
system so that the spare could go back into the engine compartment.  If you
know these, they are cleanable and reusable.  They are touted to "breath"
better than stock paper filter elements.  Sure, I'll throw in the little
chrome breather cap too - if the winner wants it.

I'm told by one person that the value is likely in the $75 to $100 range.
Another person tells me that the filters themselves are probably worth about
$35 each and the canisters - around $30 to $40.  So, the two opinions I have
seem to be fairly close.  I guess that I'm going to have to say that $50
would be the minimum acceptable bid.  Remember, I've offered to cover the
shipping costs.

This is not eBay - so there will be no "snipe" opportunity as I do not
intend to "publish" the bids as they arrive.  If you feel these would be of
benefit to you and your car, make your best offer and we will see who has
made the highest contribution to the "VairAid" fund at the end.  Oh, yes -
Bidding closes at midnight - Monday night - 5/16/05 - Central (daylight
savings) time.

Bill Elliott, when you see this, would you kindly forward it to the FastVair
group.  Thank you.

Later, JR