<VV> Corvair Values

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri May 13 00:55:20 EDT 2005

If it's truly rust free (clean, dusty underside) and has an actual nice
paint job (not a Macco quicky with painted weatherstrips), and the interior is
sharp rather than shabby original, I'd say $3500 or more, assuming it's a
coupe.  It all depends on the real, actual condition of all the  pieces.  Every
little thing that is even a little shabby detracts mightily  from the value.  If
it's not perfect, it might as well be trash.  If  all the details are shabby,
it's a $1500 car.
Craig Nicol

Good  evening folks:

Finally a car has appeared for sale that I don't need to  book a flight
to do an inspection. It is a 1964 yellow/blk Monza 110HP/4spd  that appears
to be in good to excellent condition. The seller tells me that  it is rust
and bondo free,
has been repainted and as the original  interior. The engine has not been
rebuilt and
he claims 78,000 miles.  Has a minor oil leak. No aftermarket equipment
except for  gauges.

Assuming it starts, runs and drives fine what price range  represents "fair
market value"
for a car in that  condition.