<VV> Rusty Valve Springs

jherken1 jherken1 at netzero.net
Fri May 13 18:55:36 EDT 2005

Hi Joe,

a couple of thoughts:

a good soak in phosphoric acid ( I found that Ospho works wonders and leaves
a nice black coating).

Or you might find good results in putting the parts in a saline water soak
along with a piece of sacrificial stainless steel, then running a current
through them for a few hours.  This can make some pretty grungy water, but
does a nice job of reaching all the little nooks and crannies.

John Herkenratt
Corvair Minnesota
'61 Rampy
'65 Monza 'vert