<VV> Re: UPSIDE DOWN PG

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 13 22:19:03 EDT 2005

Tom and Tim,
This is a technique for getting the engine in front of the axels for a trike
or mid-engine application.  Instead of looking at it as spinning the PG on
the input shaft, look at it as flipping the drive train over the axels to
get the engine in front and then rotating the engine around the input shaft
to get it right side up.  Everything now turns in the stock direction, but
wheels are now driving toward the engine - which is forward.  If you leave
the PG right side up and rotate the drivetrain around the vertical axis,
then the engine rotation has to be reversed to make it go forward.

Roger