<VV> Corvairs Gone Bad

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Sat May 14 02:19:52 EDT 2005

Here is a link to perhaps a "too honest" advert ?

www.ForeSightSoftware.com\1967MonzaForSaleHemet.htm

After a similar horror story, I didn't want to the same thing to someone
else, so ...

I made a similar trip, over 600 miles, for a 64 Spyder that I said I wanted
to drive home, and drive to work for a week before I could do anything at
all to fix it, and he said no problem, and no rust.

Car was layered with 1/4 " of concrete dust, rusted into the ground around
her, and it took a large truck to get her loose.

Rust on ALL seams from headlights to windows, NO floors, and would not even
turn over.

It did have the promised KH wire wheels, but the lower (submerged" halves
were rusted through the chrome and the tires would not hold air.

So, maybe my 67 isn't so bad ?  Maybe the ad (see link below) was TOO honest
?

Check the pix and tell me how you would react to it ?

I rescued her from the crusher several years ago, from a guy who "wuz gonna"
restore her, but his wife had other plans for his free time, apparently.

Some pix make her look cherry, and some make her look worse than she really
is, what would you say ?

Just for comparison - want [pix of some other part to make you sure you
don't want to buy ?