<VV> HELP in a hurry info on fuel gauge

Charles Morgan charliemorgan at comcast.net
Sat May 14 17:10:50 EDT 2005

When the gauge always reads full or above full, it usually means an open
circuit between the sender and the gauge.  The ground at the sender is the
usual first suspect--but you say that is good.  The next most probable
cause (as Matt mentioned) is an open in the sender (crud or open winding),
but it could also be in one of the wire harness connectors between the
two.  With the key on and the connector removed from the sending unit, you
should read a positive voltage between the connector terminal and
ground.  If you do, the sender is probably bad.  If not, check continuity
through the wire harness connectors.

Charlie Morgan
Beaver State Corvairs