<VV> New Wiring Harness, No Brake Lights or Turn Signals

David Baker dbaker10 at twcny.rr.com
Sat May 14 20:41:54 EDT 2005

I just put a new fuse block wiring harness under the dash in my
'64 Spyder. I also switched the purple wire on the light switch
so the parking lights stay on with the headlights.

When I tried the lights to see if everything worked, the turn
signals did not work at all, didn't even light up, and no
instrument panel lights. I did remove the turn signal switch from
the steering column because I painted the column. Did not do
anything with the turn signal mechanism under the steering wheel,
nor did I remove the rod from the turn signal switch.

The brake lights did work, now after trying them for a few times,
they stopped working.

Headlights, parking lights, tail lights and dome light work OK.

All fuses are good. Other than me messing something up, or a bad
new wiring harness, anybody have any ideas as to what might be
wrong??

Electrical problems are my weak point!!  Thanks for any ideas.

Dave Baker