<VV> 12,000th archive post and some pretty funny searches...

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sun May 15 10:52:57 EDT 2005

Hi Gang,

The script I wrote to translate the virtual vairs archive into a forum
format has been running virtually non-stop for the past week or so and we
just topped the 12,000 post mark.  I'm guessing that it will be another six
weeks of continually running before the archive is finished.

However... 12,000 posts still produces some interesting search results.  For
instance, I searched on gas and found people complaining about gas that cost
$1.37 per gallon (snicker). I searched on the word sex, and found only 8
posts total that had the word sex in them.  197 posts had the word humor, 35
had the phrase "off topic" and 22 had the phrase "no corvair".

For over 12,000 posts... not bad gang... I'm sure there are a TON of
off-topic post type of words that I haven't searched on... but really... not
nearly as much as I expected.  It will be interesting to see how this trend
continues at the end of this project.

Joe West
Administrator
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com