<VV> Clarks Wiring Harness

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Mon May 16 03:43:31 EDT 2005

Op 16-mei-2005, om 4:46 heeft Bob & Kathy Gilbert het volgende
geschreven:

> I replaced the almost non-existent engine bay wiring harness with a
> Clarks
> wiring harness in the engine bay of my 66 convertible. Does anybody
> know if
> it includes a resistive wire for the ignition? I am asking because
> I have a
> Pertronix ignition system and if memory serves me correctly it
> requires a
> full 12 volts.
>
> It seems to work fine so I am just curious.

It's proably there alright. My Ignitor also worked but when the
voltage gets low it's just enough to stop it from working. Just use
an extra wire to bypass the resistor and put the Ignitor on the full
12V. Also remember to wire it so it runs through the ignition switch,
it's not a good idea to keep it permanent powered on. I took it from
the big connector that sits in the left front. Check your electric
scheme for the correct wire color.

Regards,

Guus de Haan