Fw: <VV> Gasoline Coming Out Exhaust

Ron Guy qcc65 at comcast.net
Mon May 16 08:32:41 EDT 2005

snip.....
----- Original Message -----
From: <Sethracer at aol.com>
To: <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net>; <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

 It's impossible for gasoline to come out the exhaust.
Good Point - No matter how rich you run it, It will always burn ->

UNSNIP.......

wrong, wrong, wrong (and I have a witness)

When Da Chuckster and I rebuilt the carbs on the SEUM, the passenger side
float valve
was apparently stuck open and gas SPRAYED out the exhaust on that side as
the car ran.
My assesment.........When enough gas flows through the cylinders it kills
the spark.
The exhaust was also cold on that side. It still ran from the three
cylinders on the left bank.
We shut it down and pulled the carb, fixed the problem and then all was ok.
But it did happen.

Ron Guy