<VV> GM heater motor part number

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon May 16 19:48:51 EDT 2005

At 12:17 hours 05/16/2005, 4carbcorvair wrote:
>I was trying to verify a heater motor part number. It's GM NOS, part
>number 1# 4960476 This motor is different than the one I pulled from
>my Corsa, which also could have been changed at some point. Wondering
>if this NOS one is a direct replacement? Where would I be able to
>search the old GM part numbers?

Lots of Vair heater motors got replaced with later vintage examples, since
GM didn't really change them much.   My Spyder had a Cadillac heater blower
motor... lots more wind blowing from it than the original.

The above number you mentioned could be most anything, Olds, Buick,
etc.    The Tech Guide has a listing of heater blower motors that fit and
work better than the original.

tony..