<VV> RE: REALITY HAS STRUCK

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue May 17 17:42:57 EDT 2005

At 09:18 hours 05/17/2005, mopar at jbcs2.net wrote:
>A few years ago while at the Chrysler at Carlisle event, a 69 GTX
>convertible was stolen right out of the hotel lot where we stayed. This was
>a hotel full of car enthusiasts, so they could pick and choose what they
>wanted. The hotel was also half a block from the local police station.

Year before last, they stole a Hemi Roadrunner out of the parking lot
overnight.   That's some serious bucks.  They also took the entire grill
and trim assembly off the front of a new Dodge Ram pickup.  And *nobody*
saw or heard anything.

Since then, there has been a voluntary system of night guards, with an
organized cadre of participating car owners who walk the lot at night in
shifts/pairs, equipped with radios.    Nobody wants a show quality vehicle
worth 75,000 bucks to disappear again.

This may well be the sort of thing that CORSA might wanna consider in the
future for conventions etc.   Security could well become quite important.

Nobody wants to come out the next morning and find their car
gone.   Likewise any vendors who may have set up outside under a tarp
etc.    This "trend" of Corvairs vanishing is not one I'd wanna see
continue.

tony..