<VV> VA antique vehicle plates

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 14:50:54 EDT 2005

 No you don't need an inspection, but technically, you
can't drive it very much either. No going to work, or
running errands with it. The enforcement depends on
where you live. I was pulled once for going to a
Friday Night High School Football game. I live in
small town of 7K with it's own police "force". My
buddies in Roanoke have driven everyday on the tags
for 20 years with no problems.
 Best way to clear things up and not be harrassed, is
to get it inspected and tagged as a regular car. If
it's in good mechanical shape, it will pass anyway. If
it doesn't you probably shouldn't be driving it. My
insurance didn't change at all and personal property
taxes were almost nothing.

 Later - Mike
         YS-117