<VV> Reality NO CORVAIR

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Wed May 18 09:43:44 EDT 2005

I appreciate all the innovative ideas as to how to disable a Corvair (well,
not the ones that might actually injure someone) but my theft protection
strategy is to buy INSURANCE for my car.

Oh, and not to live in a place where car theft is a problem.  Last week a
friend of mine who is having some medical problems (and IMHO should not have
been driving) stopped by the office.  Before walking to my office, he had
stopped down the block to get a haircut.  We shot the breeze for about
fifteen minutes, and then he got up to leave.  He searched his pockets and
couldn't find his car keys. I walked with him back to the barber shop and
while he went in to check for his keys, I walked down the block to his
Cadillac, which was parked in front of the library.  I looked inside and
there were his keys in the door.  I tried the door and it was not locked.
Then I noticed that the car was still running....

Norm Witte