<VV> Rusty Valve Springs

Bob Lindsey rlindsey at pa.net
Wed May 18 09:55:00 EDT 2005

Joe Potts Wrote:

Subject: <VV> Rusty Valve Springs

>      I COULD sandblast these springs, and I think that'd work well, but is
> muriatic acid an option here? Say, just a two-minute-or-less dip - nothing
> that would eat or soak into the metal very much.
>     Reports of experience from recycling-minded mechanics would be very
> welcome, especially ON LIST.
>
> Joe Potts

Joe,

I would suggest Evapo-Rust.  Will not attack anything other than rust.  I
have placed parts in it with various metal & plastic components.  No
problem.  Environmentally friendly, when exhausted may be dumped down the
drain.  You can place your bare hands in the stuff with no adverse effects.

Great stuff, but not cheap.

Bob Lindsey