<VV> 1966-69 Corvair tire manufacturers for Chevy OEM

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Thu May 19 16:33:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

If you have information about what manufacturers made the tires for Chevrolet to install on 1966-69 Corvairs in the factory, please let me know. I'm talking about 7.00x13 whitewalls (5/8") mainly but am also interested in blackwalls too.

"Proof" accompanying your information is desired--original specs naming the manufacturer and/or photos of surviving original tires are two of the best that I can think of.

Also, any information about whether the manufacturer(s) changed from year to year during that timeframe is also useful. (And yes, Stan, I am interested in what happened in Canada too. :-)

Thanks!