<VV> Dr. Jack, counter help

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 19:34:49 EDT 2005

Hey Chuck & Thomas,

-----Ah, that is why when we toured them, they had to give us lemonade instead ;-)---

Guys! Guys! Guys! Read the label. Jack Daniels is a "hard" lemonade.

-------It's true that everyone has to start somewhere. But that doesn't mean you
start on the counter trying to help customers knowing virtually nothing.------

Means they fired the experienced person who had gotten a few raises and now costs something to keep around. Could be worse. Put her on the register and ask her to make change.

True story--just took the 7-year-old granson to see a play at he local dinner theater. I gave the girl a $20. The beer was $3.75, so I gave her another quarter and asked her for the bills back. After a solid three minutes of getting puzzled looks, I asked Chico what 20 take away 4 is. He immediately gave the answer, and I told the girl to just five me back $16. She has to be 21 to serve alcohol in this state, buy she can't do the second-grade arithmatic that goes with every sale. Pathetic.

The saddest part about the counter gal story is she was told the easiest way and insisted on doing it wrong. I guess that's excusable, if you consider we knew everything at that age too.  When I was 19, I thought my Dad was an idiot. By 22, I was amazed at how smart he got in only three years.

Chuck Kubin