<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 135

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 15:48:24 EDT 2005

Hey gang,

--- I don't know, he wanted his OWN quarter back plus
 another one, I guess.----

Actually not. Most of you (probably owing to the
superior money-handling skill of the older
generations)  already figured I wanted to give her a
50 cent tip. Here's the formula:  I gave her $20.25
for a $3.75 tab. Less the $16 I asked for in change,
she keeps 50 cents.

For tomorrow's class we'll talk about the  English
majors who can't count or the math majors who can't
read getting in the "15 items or less" line at the
supermarket. Hint: one of them will have a personal
check from the First National Bank of Neptune. Another
will have made checks on his home computer, not
realizing that a bank has to be involved. A third will
get to the front of the line before finishing
shopping. A fourth won't have enough money and will
hand the meat back to the cashier and will pay for the
candy.

Chuck Kubin