<VV> Re: Seat belts

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 23:15:40 EDT 2005

You should be able to go online to your states Dept.
of Transportation site and look this up.

In the state of Minnesota, for example, if your car
was manufactured before Jan. 1965  you are not
required by law to have seat belts.  After that-you
must-even if your car didn't have them(and I think all
caras did after 65)

Also, you cannot be pulled over in this state for not
wearing your seat belt...but we have those same "Click
it or Ticket"  commercials here in MN.  The funny
thing is...they never tell you that they can't pull
you over for not wearing it...just that you can get a
ticket for it.

Funny.  I wear my seat belt everywhere I go, and I
will be putting brand new ones in my Corsa...but I
still think it's funny that they just "leave out" that
you can't be pulled over in this state for not wearing
your belt.

That's it from the Bovey, MN peanut gallery tonight
;-)

in case ANYONE is wondering...you can just look up
like "Connecticut seat belt laws"  or something, and
you should find just what you need.  Some states Dept.
of Transportaion sites aren't that great( I found out
looking it up that Floridas isn't all that wonderfdul)
 but some sre...it just depends.

 Drive safe everyone!

Ryan Verthein
65 Corsa Coupe *GROUP RED*
Running for BoD Cen. DiV. (Your Votes app.)
VISIT MY Corvair AT http://www.geocities.com/chevyd51/