<VV> First Posting

Scott Cable s2cable1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 12:16:13 EDT 2005

Hi gang,
This is my first posting on VV, as I have enjoyed "lurking" for a few months now...
So here's some info about my project: I'm building a Porsche 550 Spyder "kit car" that is based upon a VW Beetle chassis.  My particular example is from a 1953 Beetle.  I'm in the process of converting to disc brakes, replacing the floor pans and converting the swing axle trans /suspension to IRS  and rear discs.  I plan on powering this car with a 140 hp 'vair engine (which was left-over from my sold KR-2S project). You can see my former project at:
http://www.kr-builder.org/ScottCable/index.html
  Modifications planned for my 140 are 3100 cc (94mm cylinders), over-size stainless steel valves, high lift-reverse rotation cam, roller rockers, stud girdle, Clark's dual 3 barrel Weber carb set-up and stainless steel headers and exhaust.
I'm planning upon (hoping for) 280 to 300 horsepower out of this set-up.
  Progress thus far has been:
Media Blasted the chassis and front beam
Bead-blasted all front suspension components
Painted front suspension components
Re-assembled front suspension beam and torsion bars
Removed rusted floor pans
Repaired /painted steering box
Repaired various areas of the chassis

The replacement floor-pans and front disc brakes are in-transit (via UPS) and should arrive early next week.

I'm planning on building a website and will post updates to the website once I get it up and running.
Scott Cable
Jamestown, ND