<VV> 100 ft lbs torque plus '69 info.

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 19:58:24 EDT 2005

Thanks for all the feedback. No, I didn't try 100 lbs. Yes, I will use
the lock washers. Yes, I looked again in the book. The '65 book
apparently does not list the torque, but the '67 does at 15 Ft Lbs. I
was away to the New Hampshire Dust Off all weekend.  At least 40 Vairs.
Some every day drivers, some pure show cars.

 My '69 conv. 4 sp 110 got 24.5 Average Mountain and highway. Pure
Mountain was average 23.1.

 There were two '69 conv. at the show. Rare in itself. The other one
belongs to John Noyes. He recently purchased it from someone in
Washington DC. It looks true to about 20K miles. It had an excellent red
repaint almost impossible to tell it was done. He did win a well
deserved first place trophy. If prepared for a National Concours, It is
probably a senior division candidate. Now for the interesting part.
Although it is a 140  4 speed with all the smog equipment, the only two
standout difference between his car and mine were the smog pipes in his
were black and mine are silver. The real interesting one is that the
spare tire is mounted in the trunk, like an A/C car. The mounting is
quite correct and it came with a sticker dated '66 showing the spare
mounting and jack in the trunk. The jacking instructions however, show
it in the engine compartment. The engine compartment does not have the
spare mount installed. His car is #2470.

 Does anybody have information on why the spare should be in the trunk?
The car was restored, so that might answer a lot of the differences. I
hope John signs up for VV if only to get answers to questions like
these.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS