<VV> CBN Police

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Wed May 25 02:30:57 EDT 2005

I guess the CBN police
> and the state troopers don't share intelligence yet!
> -- Doug Mackintosh
-----------------------------------
Smitty says:  On the Ralley one of the questions was to identify the
number of satellite dish antennas in the compound at CBN.  Doug and his
family just happened to be the ones there at the time some security cop
who thought he was Wyatt Erp decided to defend all Americans in general
and God in particular against evil looking Corvair drivers.
        When I was making the ralley I was stopped by one of the security
cops and he asked what I was doing.  I showed him my paperwork and
explained what a ralley was and what I expected to do.  he said, OK as
long as no one tried to cross the wall.
        Today I called and talked to the Chief of police.  He was not
aware of the incident.  I told him that I respected his right to protect
his private property from interlopers but that I thought his people could
exhibit better people skills when dealing with the public.  He was
somewhat apologetic but firm in defending his mans action.  I finally got
tired of his officiousness and told him that I recognized security as
necessary but I never recognize the need for chickenshit no matter wher I
find it.  I think that ended the conversation.