<VV> Trunk Spatter Paint

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Wed May 25 19:03:40 EDT 2005

A perfect match for the lighter gray color can be purchased locally.  It is Plasti-Kote Auto Trunk Paint number 500 Gray/White.  I feel it is exactly what Clark's sells with their label on the can.  You can find who sells it locally by searching on Plasti-Kote.  E-Mail them and they will send you a list of every one that sells it in your area. There is another brand of Trunk Spatter Paint available from Auto Zone and others.  This is not as good as the Plasti-Kote, (Quality wise) and is not as near a perfect match as is Plasti-Kote and Clark's (which I have used a lot of).  I see no difference in the two. I have no problem buying from the vendors, but sometimes time is a consideration.  It takes me 1 full week to receive anything from Clark's via UPS.  Shipping time is almost identical from Underground now that Lon has switched to FedEx ground.  Used to be 10 days to two weeks to Florida. Clark's recommends coating the spatter paint with clear lacquer which they sell, but this is also available locally from any number of sources.  I like others, suggest using a good primer before applying the spatter paint because it will allow bleed through if not properly primed.  Be aware...the spatter paint takes a couple of days to dry sufficiently to apply the clear lacquer final sealing coat.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.
65 Monza Convertible P/G/110 A/C
67 Monza Coupe. 4 Spd/110 A/C