<VV> How do I know if I have a LCI generator on my '64?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu May 26 13:22:06 EDT 2005

Hey guys and gals,
First I want to thank everyone for their generosity... that brand of kindness
at the magnitude that you guys have shown me is enough to make a grown man
get tear-y-eyed... but I don't want to look like some big sissy so I'm gonna ask
my Corvair question...
How do I know if my Corvair (1964 700 w/95hp/auto) has the Low Cut In
generator? I'm beginning to think my regulator is going south on me, and I figured
I'd better get a spare just in case, but I see listings for both "w/LCI" and
"w/o LCI".... so I want to make sure I get the right one. It just has 60K on the
odo, so I'm thinking this could be the original generator.
Sure, I could switch it over to an alternator, but then I'd have to get rid
of the points and the manual fuel pump and switch it over to a Pertronix &
electric pump... since I don't want to do all that just right now I would like to
know how to ID the LCI from a "regular"...
Thanks a bunch, and thanks again for all the financial help... for that I'm
forever grateful.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)