<VV> Engine Conversion-seeking guidance

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu May 26 21:14:36 EDT 2005

Well, I can't guarantee that this list is 100% of what you'll need but
here's what comes to mind, assuming that you want to keep the existing block...
Bell housing, camshaft, (Crank, rods, pistons, jugs, heads - of course), Mill
block for clearance, generator-type oil filter adapter, enlarge shroud head
holes if 110 heads are '66-up, PCV from 80hp engine, 110 carbs if auto choke
desired plus they're calibrated for the 110, distributor, Lakewood throttle
cross shaft, '64 & a/c rear motor bracket (to clear balancer)  -  That's all that
I can think of.  Remember that the bellhousing  seal is relocated so the easy
way to take care of that is to use a '64-up  bellhousing and that the exhaust
lobes on the camshaft are narrower to clear the  164 crank swing.
Sounds like a fun project!
C. Nicol

I have and 80 hp engine code "V" that I am  considering
converting to a 110 hp for use in my Lakewood---mainly
for the  rear oil check/fill feature---- and to appear
original.

I  know about milling the block to clear the longer
throw later crank----other  than that,,, what other
modifications do I need to be doing to use '65  or
later cylinders, heads and moving parts in the '61
block????