<VV> 4 door dome light question - information requested

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat May 28 15:47:00 EDT 2005

At 07:43 hours 05/27/2005, Bill Hubbell wrote:
>Please,
>I would like to receive an additional piece of information about each 4-door:
>Complete body plate serial number (not VIN) Ex: 640969WR16586
>(This is to identify year, model type, build location, and body number)

---

>In addition to the items I requested earlier:
>1) Which way does the narrow end of the light face -- front or rear of car?

All dome light bezels of these cars have the narrow end pointing to the
rear.

>2) What is the year and build date of your car? (Build date is in upper left
>corner of the of the Body Tag - two numbers and one letter, representing the
>month and week of build date)

---- 1960 4-door 700

04A
STYLE 60-0769   BODY WR 79409
TRIM 886               PAINT  983 B
ACC  (tough resistant blob of dirt)

---- 1961 Lakewood  700  (red)

11A
STYLE 61-0735   BODY WR 12500
TRIM  899              PAINT 923 S
  ACC   HC

---- 1961 Lakewood 700  (white)

18D
STYLE 61-0735   BODY WR 168
TRIM  898              PAINT 936 D
ACC  HCB

The white over teal Lakewood also has its dome light oriented the same way,
Fisher tag info not included because it's under a cover and I didn't feel
like yanking it off although I was able to peek under the side to see the
dome light.

For sake of mention:

---- 1960 Monza coupe

08A
STYLE 60-0927     BODY WR 6854
TRIM  881                PAINT 924 C
ACC   A

I do not recall seeing any 4-door earlies with the dome light facing "
backwards".   Then again, it was never anything I spent much time looking
for either, until now.

tony..