<VV> So Who's going to Iowa and what about Autocross?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 10:48:46 EDT 2005

Ryan (Son) and I are going to the Mini-Convention in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Didn't know if we'd make it at all due to too much do to that month.
We'll be at Back to the 50's in St. Paul in the middle of June (In the
Edsel).
Then we're only gonna be able to make it to Iowa for Thursday and
Friday of that week. Won't get there till mid morning Thursday, and
we'll have to roll out Friday late afternoon, as we need to be back up
in Grand Rapids to head to International Falls by Saturday afternoon.
Cripes.
  So, we'll miss most of the fun in Iowa, but at least we'll make an
appearance. We REALLY want to take a run in the autocross Friday. We've
never done it, never seen it, know nothing about it, except it's timed
thru what I'd call an obstacle course. Anyone know anything about this
sort of thing? We're gonna wind up in some class other than stock,
since my car has electronic ignition, electric fuel pump, 15" rims, low
profile tires, dual master cylinder conversion, etc... but we don't
really care, since we won't place anywhere in the top 50 haahaa. We
just wanna say we did it! My questions really are:
-Can we each run in my car? Can we ride with each other or no
passengers allowed?
-He belongs to CORSA, I don't (seemed silly to get two newsletters each
month, etc..) do I have to join to in order to run?
-Looking at the tech rules it looks like the car itself will pass piece
o' cake, it's a daily driver with stock lap belts, passed state safety
inspection.  Anything I should know?
-We need helmets! Now this sounds like fun. We're going helmet
shopping. What's the cheapest/easiest way to go?  And I wonder if I'm
gonna be to tall to sit in my car with a helmet on? I'm 6'2", not a lot
of extra room in there.
-Anything else we should know?
Really wish we could spend the whole darn week down there, but just to
much to do in one month! And I thought life woujld get less complicated
as I got older.  HAA.

Tim in Bovey, MN
'64 Monza Pretending to be a Spyder
110/4sp

===
Stupidity is like nuclear power, it can be used for good or evil.
But you still don't want to get any on you.
===