<VV> Trip to get my Vairs "hat" put on.

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Sun May 29 16:56:14 EDT 2005

After being Vairless for so long I'd forgotten the attention that having one
gets.

I left Golden, BC with the car on the 5th wheel for a 3 hour trip to Calgary
to get its new top put on. I stopped at a gas station a few minutes from
home to check the tire pressure in the trailer. I hadn't been there for 2
minutes when a guy pulled over in an 18 wheeler (!) and said that "he had
one of them". It turns out he had a 65, we chatted briefly and drove on. 10
km later we got stopped at a road construction site and got a big grin and a
thumbs up from the flag person as he pointed to the car!

About two hours later while stopped in heavy traffic in Calgary a woman in a
car two lanes away caught my eye with her hands waving at me. I opened the
window and she shouted over two lanes of traffic "what is it". I told her
and got a big grin in return!

Too much fun!

Bob