<VV> Horizontal Paint Runs?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon May 30 02:52:48 EDT 2005

At 07:18 hours 05/29/2005, par429 at aol.com wrote:
>OK, so what's the deal with this?  My current project car ('69 500 coupe)
>is pretty much a shell on jackstands in my garage.  I'm working on
>cleaning/sanding the engine compartment.  Inside both rear quarters, like
>behind the battery or spare tire, are runs in the black paint that are
>horizontal and run toward the front.   It looks like the car was hung by
>the rear bumper when it was painted.  Did the factory do this?
>
>Can anyone offer an explanation?

Many of the "ad-hoc" line cars were assembled with replacement stock sheet
metal.    Such sheet metal was sprayed with black surfacer/sealer and they
were indeed hung from hooks when painted.    There's a dealer-replacement
fender on my '65 ragtop, black paint inside with drips running
North.    Still has a white paper sticker with a part number on the inside.

tony..
(a few '69s)