RE <VV> loong trips

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 30 01:47:33 EDT 2005

I went to Memphis and back last weekend.  If I recall, the total distance
including local mileage around Memphis was around 1,200 miles.  Only problem
I had was a fuel leak where the (it is a 140) short 90 degree bend line
meets the left primary carb.  This has happened before, so I (of course) had
the correct part with me and fixed it in a matter of minutes in the parking
lot of the motel where I was staying.  Even found a shady tree to work
under.

Don't be afraid to drive your car.  Just carry along your most likely to
need "insurance" (parts and tools).  What is the WORST that could happen?
You put it on a flatbed and send it home and complete your trip in a rental
car.  If you have AAA+ and less than 100 miles away, the towing is already
covered.

Actually, that same car has been to Florida and back without any sort of
difficulty.  If I started counting up states that I've driven it in, it
would probably be around 30 or so.  Oh, it has also been in Canada (near
Buffalo).

BTW, I live near Chicago, Illinois.

Later, JR