<VV> Unsolicited happiness

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon May 30 09:17:27 EDT 2005

<snip>
What started out as some toothless spider gears has turned into a major good
thing for my car.  It's a '66 Corsa Turbo convertible.  In the process of
having out local Corvair shop repair the damage in the differential, I had
him slip a set of Larry's 3.08 gears in as well.  Wow!!!! What a difference.
The improvement in the car's performance at highway speeds (75-80) is simply
amazing.<unsnip>

I have had the same experience, Jim.  My '67 has 3.08 gears (and an early
4-sp that brings the 1st gear ratio back to 3.55 levels) and I love it too!  With
my tires, AFIR it's about 2850 at 70 mph.  This combo is what Chevy should
have done in the first place :) MM good!
Craig Nicol