<VV> Turbo Odyssey Part 15 -- Staples and Trim

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue May 31 18:44:29 EDT 2005

At 10:39 hours 05/31/2005, jb30343 at navix.net wrote:
>What do you do with the chrome naked women?

Heh...   think wall dressing.

>Cut around them?

Yep.

>Slice them
>up along with the mudflap?

Nope.

>Will staples go through them?

Not on a bet.

Besides, my mudflaps come from the lot of a trucking company not far from
here which is always having a mudflap ripped off a trailer one way or
another and it just lies in the lot on the pavement until somebody snatches
it up and sails it over to the curb whereupon I come along later and police
it up.  The chrome ladies are usually found on the tractor and never on a
trailer.   First mudflap chunk I started reusing came from a truckdriver
bud of mine who pointed out how handy the stuff is for lots of things.   He
had a make-do hinge on his utility toolbox in his truck tractor made from a
piece of mudflap.   He passed on a while back, so I now have to find
mudflaps elsewhere.

Still have a batch of mudflap material on hand for most things like
repairing muffler hangers and fabricating rubber-bumpers for (last time I
used a chunk) stuff like clutch pedal stops etc, a plug of the mudflap and
a touch of superglue and the bumper-stop situation is resolved.   Likewise
most anything else you might need a chunk of tough rubber mat for.

tony..