<VV> PVC blowout

Mark J. Murphy m.j.murphy at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 09:18:57 EST 2005

Fully agreed.  Even type M copper, typically used for hydronic heating, is
fine for air lines.  If you worry about mechanical damage, use type L
(typical water piping).  Last system I laid out was in type M, hung off the
wall roughly 6' high with "bell" hangers (keeps the copper off the concrete
to prevent erosion), slightly pitched back to a drop at the compressor
(which connected through a dryer with a pressure hose to a tee) with a drain
in the drip leg below the tee.  Female quick connects were put in every 10
feet using a tee rolled up on a 45, a ST90 elbow, and threaded fitting
adapter.  This gave a little "hump" to allow any water to run back down the
main instead of the lines.  All sweat joints were with 95/5 solder (typical
water piping).  This system works great, the pipe is high enough to allow
things to be put against the wall, and it gives you a great place to hang
drop lights and such for storage.
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/