<VV> '61 Headlight bucket & Trunk Latch

Ron ronh at owt.com
Wed Nov 2 19:30:04 EST 2005

I am trying to remove the left headlight bucket on a '61 Lakewood.  I removed the four sheet metal screws on the rim ends, the grounding screw and one in the geometric center and it's still tight.  There are two 1/2 " (socket) bolts under the top of the outer light bulb which I haven't loosened yet.  What are they for?  I can't imagine why there are two so close together.  Anyway, it won't loosen.
Further question: Is removing the headlight bucket the way to release a balky or stuck trunk latch?  If not, what is?

RonH