<VV> New PayPal Scam - watch out--NO CORVAIR

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 11:56:11 EST 2005

I'll out this out there one more time for the newbies.  Paypal WANTS to hear from you when you get these. It IS a scam designed to fish your financial info out of you and Paypal DIDN't send it. On the Paypal site is an email address where they want you to notify them by sending a copy of what you recieved.

Chuck

Turbovert at aol.com wrote:
I have recently received two notices, appearing to be from PayPal (very
official-looking) warning me that there has been unauthorized account activity
originating in a foreign country. It then directs me to "update" my records by
re-entering credit card and bank information.
PayPal has officially responded to me that this is indeed a "spoof" and to
NOT respond.
What is really scary is that they have the last 4 digits of my credit card #
and bank acct.#, and indicate as such in the update section. Watch It!

Mike Harrison
Farmington, MI
'65Turbo/Vert "RALFWHO"