<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 18

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 20:10:25 EST 2005

Industrial machines that have oils sumps can benefit from :"brightening" the oil recirculating it using a portable filtering system, kind of like a dialysis machine.
I've done something similar on cars with electric fuel pumps and my parts cleaning tank.  Get a piece of fuel line so the pump discharge goes back into the tank,  get a few big clear filters (hard to find now) and let it run.  Check the discharge volume and change filters when the flow is slow.  Catch some of the discharge in a clean glass every noiw and then and inspect it for junk.  Add some iso dry gas and see if water separates out.  Beats driving with my fingers crossed.

Watch for sparks with all that gasoline around.  Even dangerouser than PVC airlines.

--
Dan Timberlake