<VV> Query re: voltage regulator

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Fri Nov 4 18:10:34 EST 2005

My Spyder has a 35 amp generator (relatively rare, standard is 30
amp).  The regulator died and I put another in.  It died.  I am on
#3.  Then I saw on ebay and ad for NOS regulator for 35 amp and other
for 30 amp by the same seller.

Is there a difference in the regulators?  Is that why mine died (as
opposed to being old used ones I had in the barn for years)?  What
would happen if the 35 amp regulator was used on a 30 amp system?  I
have not noticed much better charging, if any, with the 35 amp (the
dash light still glows faintly at night with heater etc. on) ... is
that the fault of the regulator?

Who knows a lot about regulators?  Pipe up!

PS -- nobody is allowed to bid on that regulator :-)

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can
leave a message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and
lots of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html